The nightmare of everyone working on a computer is to loose your important data.
This problem is slightly solved with external disks. Mine has 180 GB space. But…… I am not always at my own office but are known to dwell at times. And I do not carry it around in my laptop bag.
But technology is evolving and remote access to your backup’s is possible.My provider UPS is offering it too but for a monthly fee I am not really interested in.
Today I received a link from one of my clients about “Mozy” Online Backup which (not unimportant) is also supporting Windows Vista. Unfortunately they do not support Mac.
They are offering Mozy Unlimited for only 4,95 USD/month and Mozy Free.
It is very easy to install and configure, even for PC dummies.
What do you get:
- secure storage (free or unlimited for $4.95/month!)
- Open/locked file support
- Block-level differential backup
- 128-bit SSL support (to secure your data during transport)
- 448-bit Blowfish encryption (to secure your data on our server)
- Continuous or scheduled backup options
I am aware that some might question storing their “stuff” elsewhere as one of my contacts put it but I feel comfortable with the idea that I can access a backup of my most important data no matter my location.